I picked up the VS Loves Coral makeup set at Victoria’s Secret today at the Melbourne airport, en route from Canberra on a work trip. I’ve only ever tried Victoria’s Secret lip glosses so I decided to pick up some other makeup from their VS line.
The coral set in particular looked cute, travel friendly and great for summer! It retails for $31 and includes their Luminous Mineral Blush in Can’t Resist, Colour Drama Lipstick in French Kiss (mini size), and nail polish in Coral Crush (mini size).
Took all these photos with my iPhone so excuse any poor lighting/fuzziness!
I recently purchased Butter London in Henley Regatta (AU$22). It’s what I would describe as a bright, mermaid green with intense emerald sparkles. In my photo below it looks teal, but on the nails it’s seriously green. Read on for my review!
Sorry that I haven’t been blogging in awhile, it’s been a really busy few weeks what with my daytime job and my after-hours makeup job, plus finding the time to take a quick trip to Sydney – but I really should have found the time to post a few reviews and such. Especially since I’ve been hoarding lots of new products to blog about!
For now, here’s my week in pictures…
- Delicious and healthy breakfast of brown rice and sweet white miso porridge with coconut and mango, at bills in Surry Hills, Sydney (it’s renowned TV chef Bill Granger’s restaurant)
- An impulse buy – Clarins Instant Beauty Kit, retailing for $50 at David Jones. It includes the Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer/mattifier, Instant Light Complexion Perfector, Instant Light Lip Perfector (the peach one) and the Instant Light Brush-on Perfector (concealer). The primer and concealer are both full size which makes the whole kit pretty worth it. I love the lip perfector – feels like a lip balm but looks like a gloss!
- Dessert at Sepia restaurant in Sydney’s Circular Quay – one of four desserts, to be exact! Amazing degustation menu. I can’t actually remember the name of this dish but I know it’s an sour cherry ice shell filled with some kind of fruity sorbet. Mmm :)
- Lastly, new nail polish! I have on Butter London’s Nail Foundation with All Hail the Queen layered on top (a pretty beige-brown with subtle sparkle).
It’s that time of the week when I’m feeling in need of a pick me up, but am actually restricting myself from spending on makeup at the moment. So what better way to do a little collage of the products I’m itching to get my hands on??
From clockwise, top left:
- Jo Malone Wild Fig & Cassis candle ($105 from David Jones)
- Boscia BB Cream (US$38, not available in Australia)
- Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in Disco ($38 from Myer)
- Illamasqua nail polish in Raindrops ($21 from Myer)
- Dior 5 couleurs eyeshadow palette in Stylish Move (A whopping $99 from Myer)
- NARS light reflecting pressed setting powder in Translucent Crystal (US$34, not available in Australia yet)
After watching a number of YouTube videos tagged with the ‘I love fall’ theme, I decided to do my own on this blog. Although it’s not fall over here, Melbourne’s still pretty cold for spring and I’m still wearing boots, so this tag’s probably still valid. Well, here goes!
- Favorite Fall lip product
This one’s easy – it’ll have to be my newest addition to my makeup collection, the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned. It’s a beautifully moody dark purple colour with a hint of red. The purple tone makes it unique and I don’t own anything that’s this colour, plus it’s very long-wearing! I simply adore NARS lip products!!
- Favorite Fall Nail Polish
I really like Essie’s Penny Talk, a metallic rose-gold shade that’s described on their website as an “authentic copper metallic”. It’s not a fall colour but I love that it can be worn all year around.
- Favorite Starbucks Fall drink
Hmm… At my local Starbucks there aren’t a huge range of drinks but one that’s new is the salted caramel iced latte, which is quite nice. I’ve heard that the pumpkin latte is amazing though, but I’ll have to wait to try that one when I’m over in the US next week!
- Favourite Fall Candle
I have a huge vanilla scented candle but can’t remember what the brand is off the top of my head. I purchased it from the post office for $10 and it smells so creamy and warm in winter!
- Favorite Fall scarf or accessory
I wear scarves more so than accessories – I have about 30 scarves at present! My favourite fall scarf is a colour block scarf from Gap. It’s mostly a burnt orange colour but is purple and pink at the bottom. I bought this at the beginning of our fall season here so they probably don’t have it in stores anymore. It’s so thick and warm and adds a really vibrant touch to an outfit.
- Haunted House, Haunted Hay Ride, or Haunted Corn Maze?
To be honest, I don’t like anything scary and I’m easily scared, so none of these sound really appealing. But if I had to pick, I would go with the haunted hay ride just because you’re on a ride and not walking around by yourself. Just hope I’m not on the ride by myself, either.
- Favorite Halloween movies
Again, I’m not a big fan of scary stuff! I haven’t watched a scary movie in like 10 years so unfortunately I can’t answer this question. The last one I watched must have been the headless horseman one with Johnny Depp.
- Favorite candy to eat on Halloween
I love s’mores! I know they’re more camp food than Halloween food but they’re so tasty and comforting at the same time!
- What are you dressing up as for Halloween?
I’m not going to any Halloween parties this year, but last year I dressed up as Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family. I had a long velvet black dress and made myself ghostly pale. If I were to pick a costume this year, it would have to be one of those women in scary Victorian portraits – you know, the ones that move when you’re not looking ;-)
- What is your favorite thing about fall?
I love so many things about fall but particularly CLOTHES! As in, wearing thick scarves, layers, knit tops, tights, boots, over the knee socks, gloves and hats! It’s pretty fun dressing up in fall/winter and you can eat as much as you like and not have to worry about it showing until summer!
This was a really fun tag to do and I hope to do more in the future! Until the next time, stay warm!