My beauty wishlist for this month mainly consists of new releases I’ve seen on the market and am excited to try. Spring 2014 collections – which are my favourite releases of the year – have just hit the shelves in gorgeous pastel hues. Here’s my roundup:
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush – Having recently purchased this blush in the shade Dim Infusion (review here), I’m dying to try the equally lovely Luminous Flush, a combination of Luminous Ambient Lighting Powder mixed with a pink rose colour. It’s now out at Mecca Cosmetica for $50 a pop.
2. Edward Bess Black Sea Mousse Foundation – After reading rave reviews by The Beauty Lookbook and Cafe Makeup, I’m now dying to try Edward Bess’s new foundation offering. It’s only available on QVC at the moment, which means I can’t get it in Australia but hopefully EB will start stocking it on his website soon. It’s supposed to be a full coverage foundation that feels like nothing on the skin, and contains anti ageing ingredients found in the remote Black Sea region in South Eastern Europe.
3. Chanel Ombres Tracees in Jardin Zen – Part of Chanel’s Jardin de Camelias Collection for Spring 2014, this super stylish shimmery quad of eye shadows come embossed with delicate grooves, in 4 shades: silver-grey, champagne, pale pink and black. It’s only available from Chanel.com and I’m pretty sure it’s not on the Australian version of the site :-(
4. Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation – I spotted this while browsing on Sephora.com, and it caught my eye because of its 4 star rating and “featherweight” texture with light to medium coverage. It also contains vitamin C, tamarind seed, and marine algae extracts. I love foundation with skincare benefits so this definitely appeals to me; also, it comes in a travel friendly packaging.
5. Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Colour Collection – I love the entire range of the brand new high shimmer lip collection, especially the shades Berry Shimmer and Pink Gold Shimmer. It’s already hit our Bobbi Brown counters here in Perth and I’m in LOVE with the texture, pigmentation and shade range!
6. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon – I know this isn’t a new release but I love the texture of these liquid lipsticks, especially the shade Icon, a blue-based red. They remind me of OCC lip tars, Shiseido Lacquer Rouge and Mary Kay Liquid Lip Colour.
7. Chanel Angled Brow Brush #12 – I have the travel sized version of this and find it to be the best brow brush I’ve used so far. The bristles are firm and stiff enough (I hate synthetic hairs for brow brushes) yet don’t scratch against your face.
Hopefully these will make their way into my makeup collection soon, but we’ll see (as I have too much makeup already as it is)!