Christmas is one of my favourite seasons of the year and though I know it’s very commercial and consumerish, I actually love all the Christmas themed goodies you can buy during November/December. In fact, I’m off to USA next week so I’ll do a haul of my Christmas beauty buys! From scenting your home with beautiful festive fragrances to getting my hands on limited edition holiday makeup sets and wrapping gifts, I just love everything about Xmas.
Anyway, back to the candles (from left to right):
1. Glasshouse Christmas Spirit Triple Scented 350g Candle in White Spruce – I’d probably buy this scent, too – It’s inspired by the Rockefeller Christmas tree with notes of “Iced Violet, Fir Needle and White Spruce to capture snow-capped celebrations in New York.”
2. Circa Home 1970 Red Spiced Pear Candle – Who doesn’t love a retro Christmas? This scent is inspired by “dancing to the Jackson 5 Christmas album, playing with the Bionic Man and Stretch Armstrong, and watching Carols by Candelight stuffed to the brim.” Love that imagery there!
3. The Aromatherapy Co Mini Diffusion Gift Set – Also stocked in David Jones, this New Zealand brand places an emphasis on natural ingredients and this 3 pack mini diffusers is no different. The scents are Lavender & Chamomile, Sweet Lime & Mandarin, Juniper Berry & White Thyme (not particularly Christmassy but makes a great gift!)
4. Ecoya Caramelised Fig Christmas Candle – I’m not sure if this is a 2012 or 2013 release as it’s not their website currently (it’s on the Candelabra website) but it sounds divine! I love caramel and I love figs, so can’t go wrong!
5. dusk Christmas Jar Candle in Sea Salt and Coconut – This is quite a unique combination from dusk and sounds like a macaron flavour. I haven’t had the chance to smell it yet but I imagine it’s a beachy fragrance that smells like their Bondi candle. Great for an Australian summer Christmas!
6. Williams-Sonoma Essential Oils Boxed Candle in Winter Berry – From the description, this Williams Sonoma candle is fruity and spicy (much like the Glasshouse White Christmas candle it seems like!). It has notes of pomegranate, cassis and sweet orange with Warm notes of clove and cedar.”