Thanks to the lovely B from Beauty with a B, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, and lovely. This award is to help recognize up and coming bloggers, discover new blogs, and to build community by getting to know other bloggers. There are a few rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you.
3. Pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers (I’m nominating 5, and I’m sorry if you have more that 200 followers, I don’t know how to tell!)
4. Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
So here’s Beauty with a B’s 10 questions for me and my answers :)
1. How old were you when you first started wearing makeup?
When I was 17, beginning with concealer and lip gloss, then progressing to neutral eyeshadows when I turned 18.
2. Drugstore or high end?
I want to say drugstore, but to be honest the packaging and quality just isn’t as good as higher end brands. That’s not to say I don’t use Maybelline or Revlon, because I adore certain products from those brands, but I feel that high end brands like Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Becca, Laura Mercier etc in general have more stylish packaging and higher quality.
3. What’s your all time favourite cosmetics brand?
This is hard!! Probably a tie between Chanel and Bobbi Brown because I have the MOST of these two brands in my makeup drawer. Both have impossibly chic packaging, wearable colours and fantastic quality (for most of their products, anyway).
4. Do you wear makeup every day?
YES! Unless I’m spending the whole day at home, I have to wear makeup out.
5. What’s one of your holy grail products?
My Chanel natural finish pressed powder in Peche – I’m on my 3rd one! I also adore The Face Shop auto gel eyeliner pencil and Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation.
6. If you could only wear one item of makeup for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Mascara! If I’m desperate I can use it as an eyeliner or brow colour.
7. Favourite genre of music?
Probably R&B, Pop or alternative.
8. What’s your favourite fashion season?
Spring for sure! Apart from the pollen in the air, I love wearing brighter colours and lightweight dresses – but also love that it’s cold enough for a cardigan.
9. Your most loathed/dreaded part of makeup?
While I love all aspects of my makeup routine, the least loved is probably filling in my brows because a) it’s boring, b) I only really use the one colour and c) takes ages to get it natural looking.
10. Dream travel destination?
Vienna, especially after I hear it’s in the top 10 most liveable places in the world.
Now that I’ve finished answering the questions, I have nominated:
- Shazil from Magic Chic Makeup
- Kat from Life Through the Eyes of a Cat
- Jessica from Poppies and Polka Dots
- Fairytales and Coffee
- acuparia brumalis
Here are my own 10 questions for you girls!
1. Red lipstick or coral lipstick?
2. What facial feature do you like best about yourself and why?
3. How many makeup brushes do you own?
4. After cleansing the face, what’s your skincare routine like?
5. What’s your worst makeup/skincare habit? (E.g. for me it’s being too lazy to pluck stray eyebrow hairs and covering regrowth with concealer for as long as I can…)
6. What’s your favourite colour to paint your nails?
7. What’s the next makeup item to buy on your wishlist?
8. What are the top 3 beauty products you would take travelling with you?
9. What’s your favourite fragrance and why?
10. If you could trade wardrobes with anyone (celebrity, family or friend), who would it be?
Hope you girls enjoy answering them as much as I did coming up with them!