While I didn’t watch the Oscars on Sunday, 24 February, I certainly read all about it in the next day’s papers. Here are some of my favourite makeup looks.
1. Jessica Chastain (nominated for best actress in Zero Dark Thirty)
This is my favourite look of the night because it’s the epitome of Old Hollywood – wavy locks, flawless porcelain skin, red lips and false eyelashes. Exactly the kind of look I would go for if I were invited to the Oscars. Not to mention, her gold Armani Prive dress looks perfectly glamorous and really flattering. I wasn’t sure who the makeup artist was, though.
(Image from OK Magazine)
2. Jennifer Lawrence (nominated and won best actress in Silver Linings Playbook)
Jennifer Lawrence’s makeup and gown is befitting of an actress poised to be the next big thing – I love her smoky eye makeup paired with neutral pink lips and cheeks, and her white flared Dior gown. Apparently, her dress pick wasn’t the result of countless fittings but a last minute choice. She just rolled out of bed, tried it and it fit! Her makeup was by celeb makeup artist Gillian Dempsey, who used all Dior. Temptalia has the details:
- Face: Diorskin Forever Foundation, Diorskin Nude Tan Bronzer, Diorblush in Peachy Keen #553.
- Eyes: Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow in Bleu de Paris #254, Diorshow Mascara in Catwalk Black #090, Dior Style Liner.
- Lips: Dior Addict Lipstick in Beige Casual #222.
(Photo from Glamour’s blog)
Lastly, I just LOVE Amanda Seyfried’s purple eyeshadow, which was interesting enough yet still wearable. I’m a big fan of purple myself and will definitely try to recreate this look at home. I don’t particularly like her Alexander McQueen halter gown, though.
(Image from Temptalia)