Just bought my tickets to Hong Kong next week for a couple of days, and decided to jot down a few beauty/makeup (and clothing) shopping places down I intend to visit! I was there a couple of years ago and semi-regularly visit HK, but it doesn’t hurt to plan my shopping trip!
- Bonjour – A pharmacy/drugstore type store that seems to solely sell makeup these days. I love it because they sell high-end samples from brands such as Lancome, SKII, Estee Lauder, Biotherm), even though on the back of the samples it’s written ‘not for individual sale’, haha. This chain store is on every street corner!
- Joyce Beauty, in a variety of locations including Pacific Place, Harbour City and Lane Crawford. I’ll probably go to the Lane Crawford in IFC or Times Square. This is where I can finally purchase my long-awaited Le Metier de Beaute eye and cheek palettes, Aromatherapy Associates, Eve Lom and other lesser known cult beauty brands.
- Sasa – Like a Sephora that stocks primarily Asian brands. There are plenty of Sasa stores in Singapore too (where I am currently) but it’s somehow more exciting shopping in HK! I go there to stock up on Japanese mascaras, KATE products and false eyelashes.
- Faces in Harbour City – According to Sassy Hong Kong‘s blog, there are over 100 brands in this department-style store. It’s mainly bigger brand names (NARS, Estee Lauder, Shiseido) as opposed to smaller niche brands. Don’t think I’ll spend much time in here since I can get those brands elsewhere unless prices for certain Japanese brands (Kanebo, Kose, Shu Uemura) are cheaper…
- Beyond Organic in Harbour City – certified organic makeup and skincare store. Haven’t heard of it before but will give it a go!
I think that about wraps up my beauty shopping ;)
Other places I might visit include: Citygate factory outlets (near Tung Chung MTR), H&M, Uniqlo, Maple, City’Super, and really anything that looks interesting when I’m walking around. Any suggestions much appreciated!