I mentioned that I was extremely disappointed with August’s Lust Have It beauty box, and was expecting September’s to be about the same, but to my surprise it was actually much better! (The linked post has all the other info on the Lust Have It service)
This is what the box contained and my first thoughts (left to right)
Say It With Scent hand lotion in Vanilla
Davroe Ultimatum Non Aerosol Hairspray
Dermalogica Active Toner
Mirenesse Protect Me tinted balm
I also received a dermalogica $50 off voucher, which I gave to my sister. It can be used towards any facial treatment if some products are purchased.
- Say It With Scent hand lotion in VanillaThis is actually not too bad, although reminiscent of those lotions you get in hotels or airplanes. The formula is relatively thin and slightly watery, which I like better in summertime as it’s lighter and more easily absorbed. The smell is pleasant as well but nothing I’d go out and buy.
- Davroe Ultimatum Non Aerosol HairspraySmell is an important consideration for me in a product and I certainly didn’t like this one. It has a very distinct hairspray smell (like the L’Oreal Elnett). Unlike other hairsprays, it isn’t aerosol – the spray looks just like water and doesn’t look like it would hold up. I haven’t tried it though!
- Dermalogica PrecleanseAmazing! I love dermalogica products because they’re really effective, great for sensitive skin and no-frills. This is a great addition to this month’s bag and hopefully they keep products from this brand coming! The Precleanse sort of acts like a makeup remover and cleanser, although you will still need to use a cleanser to wash your face. It removes all makeup and feels comfortable on the skin.
- Dermalogica Active TonerThis is great as well, both as an after-shower toner and as a mid-afternoon pick me up face mist. It has aloe, mint and lavender in it which makes it smell wonderful. It’s pretty hydrating and doesn’t seem to contain alcohol, and so doesn’t dry the face out.
- Mirenesse Protect Me tinted balmLastly… the Mirenesse balm, which comes in a little plastic container with a sticker on the top to prevent it from drying out. When peeled off, it reveals a little sponge that I used to apply the tinted balm with. It’s something like tined moisturiser in solid form. It’s quite emollient and goes on very easily, but is extremely sheer (more so than MAC’s face and body foundation). It also makes skin oiler, so it’s probably not good for combination/oily skin.
Don’t think I would purchase this as the coverage is too minimal and it really doesn’t add anything to my face, but it’s a nice moisturiser.Overall, a pretty good September bag and I am definitely loving the Dermalogica products, although I do wish a few more products were given. Lust Have It’s website mentions a couple more products such as the Aum cleanser and toner and a YSL opium perfume sample, which I would have preferred over the Davroe and Mirenesse products.